Saturday, September 23, 2006

Socktoberfest!

I'm in. Are you?

I figure it's an incentive to actually work on stuff. I'm splitting my 4 ply worsted weight crap yarn to get thin yarn for this. Sigh.

I think I'll finish that limewire sock now though -_-; After I finish Fetching. Yes...

I foresee much kniting-in-class :/

Anyway, college essay progress is going okay, I can probably get yarn within the next month.

Edit:
I found my first scarf, ever. I dont know what I was thinking with it. But its knit in some pastely baby yarn. Its short. I ran out of yarn. I didn't know anything about yardage at the time.It started off nice and even, but then I learned continental-style. Having never knit in continental style before, stitches are loose and ugly.
But since its in baby acrylic yarn.. its fingering weight.

Now, dilemma. Do I tear out my first knitting project? Do I keep it for sentimental purposes? Or do I frog the hell out of it? Blah.

Yeah.

1 comment:

Kim said...

You should keep it for sentimental value. Plus you don't sound like you are in love with that yarn anyway. And when you've been knitting for 20-something years, you can pull it out for a walk down memory lane.